Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP)
Texas Star Recovery offers an evening dual diagnosis intensive outpatient program (IOP) for adults in all levels of substance use recovery. We blend process and psychoeducational group therapy to treat psychiatric disorders such as anxiety and depression that often accompany addiction. This supportive environment empowers patients to go about their lives and responsibilities without substance use.
The program is intended to reduce the stigma of addiction through patient and family education. We provide family educational groups twice a week, and family therapy is available upon request. Group and individual therapy are used to enhance treatment.
IOP is a five-week, 20-session program with a maximum of 10 people to ensure individual attention. It is held Monday, Tuesday and Thursday from 6:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. The program can be used as a step-down level of care from inpatient treatment or outpatient detox.
Components of IOP
- Master-level clinicians specialized in addiction
- Individual, group and family therapy
- Cognitive behavioral, dialectic behavioral and acceptance and commitment therapies
- Guest speakers (doctors specializing in addiction)
- Family education (twice a week)
- Comprehensive discharge planning and referrals for aftercare
- Alumni group meetings