Texas Star Recovery provides medical detoxification (or “detox”) to help adults with substance abuse issues avoid potential health complications and alleviate withdrawal discomfort. Our hospital-based setting allows for around-the-clock care while patients face their withdrawal symptoms.
Prolonged substance abuse can result in a physical addiction prone to serious or life-threatening medical complications. The process of toxins leaving the body usually creates intense discomfort and is often cited as a reason for not quitting.
Patients are closely monitored by our medical team to ensure the detox process is safe and withdrawal symptoms are minimized. Programming begins at admission with evidence-based group therapy to maximize every day of treatment.
The typical duration of detox is three to five days.
Components of Detox
- Four dedicated physicians with specialties in addiction and psychiatry
- Daily individual sessions with a physician
- 24/7 nursing
- Physician directed medication management
- Direct transfers from acute medical facilities
- Access to physical therapy and occupational therapy as needed
- Neuropsychiatric evaluations as needed
- Wheelchairs and walkers provided for safety