Texas Star Recovery offers an evening dual diagnosis Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) for clients in all levels of substance use recovery. Texas Star blends both process and psychoeducational group therapy to treat substance use and mental health disorders such as anxiety and depression, which frequently co-occur with addiction. IOP is an excellent support for a client’s first time in treatment or as a step down level of care from residential treatment.
IOP is a 20-session program with a maximum of 10 people, ensuring individual attention. This highly structured and supportive environment empowers client to establish and maintain abstinence from alcohol and drugs, while still attending to their day to day lives and responsibilities.
An important goal of the program is to reduce the stigma of addiction through education for clients and their family. Thus, we provide family educational groups twice weekly and an opportunity for family therapy. While research shows group therapy to be most effective for substance use, we also provide individual therapy to patients to enhance treatment.
- Monday, Tuesday, Thursday 6:00 – 9:00 p.m.
- 5 weeks, 20 sessions
- Master’s level clinicians with specialization in addiction
- Individual and family therapy included
- Evidence based practice: CBT, DBT, ACT, mindfulness
- Guest speakers (doctors specializing in addiction)
- Family education (twice a week)
- Alumni group
- Comprehensive discharge planning and referrals for aftercare