Texas Star accepts referrals 24/7 and admissions are available until 11:00pm. After 11:00pm, admissions must come from an emergency room where a doc-to-doc can be completed.
Admissions may be coordinated by a patient, family member or physician. The admissions process generally begins with a confidential phone call or online inquiry.
Next, medical records and history are collected and insurance benefits determined. Then an admission date and time is scheduled. After admission, a physician meets with the patient and they are given an in depth assessment to determine level of care.
To initiate the referral process, please call 512-462-6729.
To qualify for treatment at Texas Star Recovery, the patient must:
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Have a diagnosis of both a psychiatric and substance abuse condition
- One or more of the following: Severe and ongoing use of drugs and/or alcohol, compulsive use of drugs and/or alcohol, continuation of substance abuse despite negative consequences or a sincere desire to stop
- Unable to manage psychiatric needs due to significant substance abuse
- Unable to manage substance use due to complicated psychiatric issues
- Require medically supervised detoxification
- Require the intensity and structure of inpatient treatment